Yesterday, three friends went shopping at Music World Plus. In all, they purchased eight CDs, two from each of four different
musical genres (blues, country, folk, and rock). Each person bought either two or three CDs (no two of which were of the same
musical genre), as well as a T-shirt with a different picture (the Beatles, Elvis, or the Rolling Stones) on the front. From
the information provided, determine the first and last names of each friend (one surname is Cates), as well as the CDs and
the T-shirt each bought.
1. Neither of the two people who purchased country CDs bought a Rolling Stones T-shirt. The one who bought a Beatles
T-shirt did not buy a rock CD.
2. If Shane bought a Rock CD, then he also bought a folk CD. If Lilli bought a rock CD, then she also bought a folk CD.
3. The one surnamed Blaiser is not the person who bought a Rolling Stones T-shirt. The one surnamed Smitts didn't purchase a rock CD.
4. If Jasper bought a country CD, then he also bought a folk CD. If Shane bought a country CD, then he also bought a fold CD.
5. If Lilli bought a blues CD, then she also bought a rock CD.
HINT: Use a chart similar to this one for your answers.